Root Canal Specialist Near Me
Looking For a Root Canal Specialist Near Me, in The Rochester–Fairport–Canandaigua, NY Area. Using high-tech instruments and procedures, Dr. Lepore can complete your treatment usually in just one visit. Digital radiography, NiTi rotary file instrumentation, Microscope Endodontic high-tech services are offered to save you time and discomfort. Two Root Canal Treatment Locations:
815 Ayrault Road
Fairport, NY 14534
317 South Main Street
Canandaigua, NY 14424
Advanced Endodontic Root Canal Procedure Process?
Before beginning your root canal at either of our Rochester, NY Area Clinics, Dr Lepore will take dental X-rays of the affected tooth. This helps determine the extent of damage and ensures that root canal therapy is the appropriate treatment option. Looking For a Root Canal Specialist near me? Here are the steps that will be completed during your root canal procedure:
- Anesthesia. First, local anesthesia is given to numb the infected tooth and the surrounding gums. There are also medications used in dentistry to help you relax, such as nitrous oxide, oral sedatives or intravenous (IV) sedation. Your healthcare provider may recommend sedation if you struggle with dental anxiety.
- Dental dam placement. Before beginning root canal treatment, a small rubber dam is placed over the area. This isolates the tooth and keeps it dry during the procedure.
- Access hole. Next, a small opening is made in the crown of the tooth to access the pulp.
- Pulp removal. Tiny dental instruments are used to remove the nerves, blood vessels and tissues inside the tooth.
- Shaping the canals. Once the pulp is removed, the pulp chamber and root canals are cleaned, disinfected and shaped.
- Filling the canals. The empty canals are then filled with a flexible, rubbery dental material called gutta-percha.
- Sealing the tooth. Next, a temporary dental filling is placed to seal the tooth and prevent bacteria from re-entering.
- Placing the final restoration. In most cases, you’ll need a dental crown to protect the treated tooth and restore your bite. Crowns are custom-made, and fabrication usually takes two to three weeks. When your crown is ready, the temporary filling is removed and the permanent crown is placed. In some instances, you may be able to receive a crown during the same appointment.
Root Canal Rochester Area:
Monday: 8:30 – 5pm
Tuesday: 8:30 – 5pm
Wednesday: 8:30 – 5pm
Thursday: 8:30 – 5pm
Friday: 8:30 – 5pm